We are so happy that you are considering joining our Pass It On Family as a volunteer! Volunteering at Pass It On is a great way to get warm fuzzies from helping your community, as well as a fantastic way to meet new people and score some deals for your family.
Benefits of Volunteering with Pass It On
Research has shown that volunteering has bunches of benefits that impact physical and mental health as well as its positive impact on the community at large. Here’s a quick list with feedback we’ve gotten from our family of Pass It On volunteers about the benefits of volunteering for Pass It On:
- Improve your mood: When you volunteer with Pass It On, you know you are making a difference in Aiken and that’s good for some warm fuzzies and a sense of satisfaction.
- Combat loneliness and make new friends: New to Aiken? Or maybe you are a stay-at-home parent who wants to get out there more. Making friends can be tough. Join our volunteer family! We want to get to know you and put your strengths to good use!
- Take on a different challenge: We have a lot of parents who volunteer and volunteering at Pass It On is a great opportunity to spend a few hours in a different role other than a parent.
- Stay physically healthy: There are lots of different volunteer positions, but if you are looking to get your steps in, we’ve got plenty of opportunities for you to meet your step goal while volunteering!
- Set a good example: Volunteering is contagious. By giving of your time and talent to Pass It On, you are leading by example for your family, children, neighbors, and colleagues.
- Save money and score great deals for your family: Take advantage of our perks specific for Pass It On volunteers, like shopping before the public at our Preview Sale.
About the Preview Sale
The Preview Sale is our way of thanking Volunteers for all their hard work during Pass It On Kidsignment Sale. Volunteers who give 8 or more hours of time during Sale Week are invited to shop before the public on Thursday evening (6:30PM – 8:30PM). There’s also the 1/2 Price Preview Sale for Volunteers beginning at 7AM on Saturday.
Nuts & Bolts of Volunteering
We have a variety of jobs for volunteers. Are you super pregnant but would like to help? Or maybe you are the type who can’t sit still and need to be on the move? Whether you need to be on your feet or seated, rest assured, we can find a good fit for you. Here are a few of the activities Pass It On volunteers do during Sale Week:
- setting up racks and display units
- accepting consignments
- assisting with tagging and pricing charity donations
- sorting and organizing merchandise
- assisting customers
- sorting tags
- helping with check-out
- and more!
You can volunteer at Pass It On for a few hours or a bunch of hours during Sale Week — whatever works for you and your family.
Levels of Volunteer Commitment
We are grateful that you are motivated to volunteer with Pass It On and are happy to have you in our Pass It On Family! To get registered, simply click the button below, after thoroughly reading this page. Please register as soon as possible so we can match you to a job you’ll find rewarding and will support our sale. Don’t forget to encourage your friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to jump on the volunteering bandwagon with you!!